From:
Diane Karnbach <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Sep 1995 07:52:44 -0400
Hi all,

Just got this one from my mom!  The things you find out after knowing a
person for 43 years!

When my mother was a baby her mother fed her cows milk directly from the cow!
 It was put into a coke bottle, a nipple was tied on to it and my mom got it
to drink - nice and warm and fresh!!!!   aaaauugghhh!  They lived on a farm
just north of Montreal, Canada and it was very isolated. My mom was know as a
fussy baby.  Any wonder why?  Apparently small breasts run in my family and
it was said that none of them could produce milk.  My mother was told that
when she had me but it sounds like her milk did come in because she had what
sounds like engorgement a few days after delivery.  Anyway, my mom has become
educated about breastfeeding and is an advocate now and just glad she lived
through her first year of life!

Diane Karnbach, LLL Leader
Va Beach, VA