From:
Mary Ann Whitesell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Oct 1998 15:32:30 EST
Another reason for projectile vomiting (after pyloric stenosis is ruled out)
is over-active let down/ over supply. My second baby would vomit after almost
every feed...it would shoot across my lap and onto the floor. I couldn't keep
up with the laundry. Our carpets and furniture were a mess. Well, when my co-
LLL leader figured out what was wrong, and I started nursing on one side,
etc., the vomiting stopped in less than 3 days. Even with all that vomiting,
he still gained very well.

Mary Ann Whitesell, IBCLC
Lake Arrowhead, California, USA
one mile above the rest of Southern California, where the dogwoods are pink
and orange now!