HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Thu, 12 Oct 2006 14:08:11 +0200
Yes, maybe
Then again: is archaeological data even suited to the hypothetico-deductive
methods that would allow us to study something like "capitalism" in the
first place? Especially in a CRM/rescue environment & the world of GIS & the
web, shouldn't we maybe start thinking more in terms of induction, and
trying to see what we can conclude from the data instead of trying to find
data to support our theories?
I'm ever more convinced that our data (foundations) can't support our
theoretical superstructure