From:
Kevin Sutton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 May 1999 22:39:53 -0500
Donald Satz wrote:

>Kevin didn't mention it, but the Kirchbaum on Virgin is performed on a
>period cello.  It is an excellent performance.

I have no reason to doubt your word, Don, but are you sure? It sounds like
a modern instrument to me and I have never known Kirschbaum to be a period
instrument kind of guy.  I alas, lost my copy of that cd in a fire and it
is now out of print, so I can't go check out the liner notes.  (Any one
have a used copy they would part with?)

Kevin Sutton