From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Apr 2002 21:14:23 +0000
As some of you many know, I'm currently doing a review project of some
recordings of the Zemlinsky String Quartets.  One of the discs is recording
of the 2nd and 3rd string quartets by the Schonberg Quartet on Koch Schwann
which was released over ten years ago.

While browsing over the latest Chandos web pages, I noticed that one of
the company's new releases for April is a 2-cd set of Zemlinsky's String
Quartets performed by the Schoenberg Quartet.  Sure enough, it's the same
group of four with an 'e' thrown in.  Fortunately, the performances of the
two middle string quartets is not the same, the new ones being recorded in
2000.

One way or another, I'll have to add this set to my review project.  The
group's interpretations on Koch Schwann were very rewarding.  Anyone else
familiar with them?

Don Satz