From:
David Stewart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Feb 1999 21:58:05 +0000
Donald Satz wrote:

>I bought the Brendel/Beethoven Vox boxes a few years ago.  I have noticed
>that the boxes have been slimmed down; I did not realize that any other
>tinkering with them had been done.  Sorry to hear that David is not
>satisfied.  I feel that I was a big booster of this set.

There is a lot of background noise in some of the recordings - hiss.

When I said unsatisfactory, I was referring more to the amount of care that
went into bringing out something that I can stick in my CD Rack - it just
looks really cheap.  The sound doesn't bother me too much.  I am still glad
I bought it but it is a bit disappointing when there are 2 sonatas missing
(though I now know where to get them from) and very variable sound quality.

David Stewart