From:
Kathie Faricy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Feb 1999 18:18:02 -0600
David Stewart wrote:

>I bought this on the basis of everyone's advice - Playing is top notch.
>But in general it is highly unsatisfactory - not only are the actual cases
>different but the sound has a great variety of quality.

David -

You might be interested in reading Brendel's book, "Musical Thoughts and
Afterthoughts."  There is a chapter in there wherein he discusses the
experience of recording these sonatas for Vox. As I recall, he was very
unhappy with it because, amongst other things - the engineers would
manipulate the dynamics by turning the dial down whenever he played
loud, and turning it up when he played soft.

Regards,
Kathie, unable to find her copy at the moment...