From:
Kar-Ming Chong <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Jan 1999 11:15:51 +0800

David wrote:

>Will these be different performances than those included in Philips's
>Richter edition?

I don't know the recording sources for the sonatas but I doubt these would
be the same ones in the Philip's Richter edition since the Great Pianist
series is a project that involves all the major labels (and Richter has
recorded these sonatas for several major labels).

The sonatas to be included in the second volume are (released on Dec 1998):

12 - Op. 26
17 - Op. 31 Tempest
23 - Op. 57 Appasionata
30 - Op. Op. 109
31 - Op. 110
32 - Op. 111.

Plus Andante favori in F and Rondo in B-flat for piano and orchestra

What more could you want? ;-)

Cheers
Kar Ming