From:
Bill Truesdell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Jul 2007 13:03:04 -0400
Dave Thompson wrote:
> All the nay-sayers had steam coming out of my ears.
> Later I thought   'when they have to eat crow will
> they do it with "grace"? and laughed'
Be happy to, Dave.

The problem with many anecdotal tests is just that, a lack of control of
the variables involved. The vitamin c added to the feed may be creating
an acid feed and has nothing to do with anti-viral qualities but the ph
of the feed. Or it may be that CCD is related to adequate feed.. So to
pin the tail on one donkey tends to get people to rush out and  try
anything new, when they may have acidic water already and the C would
put it over the top and be harmful. Or not. But to assume it is because
C is anti-viral is a bit of a stretch for me.It could be anything.

Bill Truesdell (who will invite Grace over for crow anytime.)
Bath, Maine