From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Nov 2011 06:05:21 -0800

> >Does anyone have any actual data as to what levels have actually been
> found in foods?

Yes, for the US,
http://www.ams.usda.gov/AMSv1.0/getfile?dDocName=STELPRDC5091055

I glanced through it for some of the least desirable pesticides as far as
human health:

Chlorpyrifos was common in tested produce.  Ditto for acetamiprid, carbaryl
Surprising to see chlordane in cucumbers (likely from Mexico, but I didn't
check)
Dieldrin in cucumbers and potatoes
Diazonon in apples
Aldicarb rarely, also DDT, diazinon, dichlorvos,
Good to see zero aldrin, carbofuran, heptachlor
Zero coumaphos

Imidacloprid was common, at low ppb levels
Clothianidin in grapes, pears, potatoes, at low levels

Oddly, when I searched "tomato paste" I found that four pesticides were
detected, but the doc didn't specify which ones!  However, it said that
pesticide residues were only detected in less than 1/10th of 1% of tomato
paste samples (742 total).

So, I retract my previous quip--it actually appears that it would be OK to
feed your bees tomato paste!

Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA
www.ScientificBeekeeping.com