From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Feb 2012 05:47:46 -0800
Hi Jeremy,

Welcome to the club!  Those of us who have been moving to almonds for years
could tell you similar stories for hours!  : )  My sons grew up with
childhood memories of being given ice cream or cookies by kind farmers'
wives in the middle of the night when we had to hike to farmhouses to beg
for a tow out of the mud.

I completely agree with Bob on the problems with older trucks (which are
the only kind that I can afford).  Maintenance is No. 1 priority.

We also have pacts with buddies whom we can call upon.

Now that my sons have come on board, meaning that I have help, our Plan B
is that we nearly always caravan at least two trucks/loaders at a time.
 This has saved us time and again.

--
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA