Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sat, 15 Mar 2008 21:47:14 -0400
From:
Bob Darrell <[log in to unmask]>
7bit
Sender:
On 15-Mar-08, at 12:49 PM, Grant Gillard wrote:

> How do I handle these calls?  On a case-by-case basis, then like a
> soft-hearted, weak-willed, hyper-frugal, no-brained moron I tell
> them I'll do it.
>   This year I'm going to take clusters hanging on branches.  My
> success with bait hives and swarm traps fulfills my frugality for
> free bees.  Someone else can take the extractions from buildings.
>
>   Or maybe I'll start charging a decent wage for my time and gas.

Hi Grant and all

I always respond when someone calls about bees.  I don't charge a fee
for the first visit to tell them that they are yellow jackets, bald
faced hornets or bumbles.  I collect swarms hanging in trees or
clustered on building walls for no charge.  For the bees in the wall
situations you cite, I estimate the number of hours (including
travel) and give them a quote based on $50 per hour.  I also tell
them that I will make temporary repairs after the bees and comb are
out but they will have to arrange for the permanent repairs.  If they
were my bees that swarmed into the house I would assume total
responsibility.

Bob Darrell
Caledon Ontario
Canada