Date:
Mon, 25 May 1998 10:15:56 -0500
I want to thank all who responded to my questions with advice and let you know
what I did and the result.

I provided another super and some top ventilation and although there is still
a certain amount of "hanging out" on the landing board and face of the hive,
it is much decreased, and there is no sign of swarming problems.  It's my most
populous hive and seems to be doing well.  I also removed about 3 frames for a
split recently.  With all that, it still has some bees spilling out of the
entrance--they just don't cover the whole face of the hive an inch or two deep
like they were doing before.  Any way, the situation is improved and things
are going well and I'm relaxed and not worried--letting the bees do their
thing.  I may not have mentioned:  they are Carniolans.

Layne Westover
College Station, Texas