From:
Marc Lussier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Dec 1999 18:54:54 -0400
Hi Lactnetters,
Some help on this one would be greatly appreciated.  A mom I am working
with was diagnosed several years ago with a pituitary tumor.  She was on
parlodel to get pregnant.  She stopped taking it once she got pregnant
and has been off it since.  She has a 31 week baby boy in my NICU.  The
problem is not what you would expect.  She has a very low milk supply.
She is pumping 8-10 times per day, double pumping with a hospital grade
electric breastpump, and gets only 5-10cc per pumping.  Anyone know of
any relationship to having had taken parlodel and having a low milk
supply.  If she still has the tumor, why aren't her prolactin levels
really high?  Am I missing something here?  Please respond to me
privately as well as to the group as I won't have time to read all posts
before working with her in the next couple of days.  She told me today
that she is about ready to give up, so time is definitely a factor.
TIA for all your help.
Mary M. Lussier BSN IBCLC
Hartford, CT.