From:
Christine Montano <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Jul 1999 08:00:49 -0400
AAPs policy statement against co-sleeping can be viewed at:
http://www.aap.org/policy/pe000272.html

May 1999 news release from AAP can be viewed at:
http://www.aap.org/advocacy/releases/mayinf.htm

Another study about SIDS and positioning which recommends against
co-sleeping is:

McKenna JJ, Mosko S, Dungy C, McAninch J. Sleep and arousal patterns of
co-sleeping human mother/infant
pairs: a preliminary physiological study with implications for the study of
suddent infant death syndrome (SIDS). Am J
Phys Anthropol. 1990;83:331-347 and a policy statement about that study can
be viewed at:

http://www.aap.org/policy/04791.html

Hope this helps.
Christine in Connecticut