From:
Christine Montano <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Jul 1999 12:30:28 -0400
The August 1999 issue of Child magazine features this piece on page 124's "Backtalk" page:

"Reader Remedy: Diaper rash and sore breasts
Those living in farm country might know it as ointment for cows' udders. But readers tell us Bag Balm is also great for diaper rash and breasts chapped from nursing.Because the Dairy Association designed it for veterinary use, the FDA has yet to approve it for humans, but this hasn't stopped the enthusiastic response from readers who call it a "wonder worker". To order call 802 626 3610." Photo of tin of Bag Balm is shown.

I think we've already discussed on this list that Bag Balm contains an antiseptic agent  and the label recommends washing it off the cow's teats before milking. I wanted to let everyone know what this magazine states in case you receive inquiries about it.

Feedback/comments to Child Magazine can be sent to: Pam Abrams, Editor-in-Chief; [log in to unmask] or to Child Magazine; 375 Lexington Ave; NY, NY 10017

Christine Montano