From:
Michael Reeder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Jun 1999 05:53:02 -0400
Hi,
Quark (definition- sort of a soft milk product, not unlike yogurt, but
without the culture) is often recommended here for engorgment and plugged
ducts.  It is put on a tissue and applied to the breast so some of the
liquid is in contact with the breast.  Other than being somewhat cool, I
havent' seen that it is too effective.  I am sure that there isn't any
studies on this, but has anyone used it, (Germany, Austria??) and have you
seen any real usefulness??
Merilee
Basel, CH.
Who has basically been saying cabbage leaves or ice will work just as well,
but I don't want to discount a cultural practice, if it really works.