Date:
Wed, 22 Apr 1998 16:32:21 +0000
I don't know too much about this, but if the stopping of breastfeeding
will stop the problem, why are they contemplating using methotrexate?
I have seen a couple of mothers who were told this and the thing
cleared up by 8 weeks.  Can she wait a couple more weeks just to see?
Or are her symptoms so severe that she cannot?  Did they use decent
doses of prednisone?  Say 80 mg/day?  Still can breastfeed with that?

Jack Newman, MD, FRCPC