Date:
Mon, 15 Dec 1997 06:42:09 -0500
These pacifiers are bad because babies got hooked on the scent......
then moms go home with them and they cant be purchased at the store and
hence the frantic calls to the nursery to ask if they can come in to the
hospital and get one, and thats not  the worst of it , some babies get
so hooked on the vanilla smell that they wouldn't nurse because mom
didn'tt smell like vanilla. When these were popular a few years ago , I
had a few "vanilla confused" babies, moms had to wash with vanilla soap
, use vanilla scented lotion and put a few drops of vanilla extract near
their breasts in order to entice baby there and wean him off the
scent......
I have not seen these in our nursery yet, and hope that I don't.

Cindy Curtis RN IBCLC

--
Cindy , RN, IBCLC  ***** Virginia , USA
mailto:[log in to unmask]