Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Kathleen Bruce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Jan 1998 22:15:22 -0500
My feeling is that, no, a Chele/Kittie rift, even strictly in terms of
lactation styles or philosophies, is  not appropriate for a compare and
contrast  discussion on Lactnet . Certain topics can begin in a
philosophical and perfectly informational and  innocent manner, and can
quickly disintegrate into unpleasantness.  I recognize that this is not what
Joy was suggesting, by the way, ...but I felt that I needed to put my spin
on this, since it was brought up here.

With our focus here  on lactation issues,  I can understand that
professionals wish  to know how other  professionals work, and I applaud
this kind of critical thinking.  I also am curious as to different
approaches, and techniques. These are fine things to want to know, ...and we
spend a great deal of time discussing these types of things here on Lactnet.

The problem is that discussions can easily take a negative turn.. I have
seen this happen in the past, and am not interested in going there again.
such a  discussion are good..to get information about styles, etc.  The
method of discussing it here on Lactnet won't work  in this case, that's
all.. I felt it was necessary to head off what I saw as a potential
problematic discussion of this subject.  Of course, this subject would be a
good subject for private emails.  Many thanks for the opportunity to think
about this, and  for your understanding...!

Warmly,

Kathleen

Kathleen B. Bruce, BSN, IBCLC co-owner Lactnet,TLC, Indep. Consultant
http://together.net/~kbruce/kbbhome.html
LACTNET Archives http://library.ummed.edu/lsv/archives/lactnet.html
LACTNET WWW http://www.telcomplus.net/~kga/lactation.html