From:
NICHOLAS WILLIAMS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Jun 1997 21:04:38 -0700
A LC at one of our local Hospitals has asked me to post this situation.

She has had two women with no milk volume/production post delivery, one
a native of Bulgaria and one a Peace Corp worker in N. Bohemia.  The
Peace Corp worker was involved with environmental clean up near
Chernobyl.  Both women delivered babies here in Reno, NV, US about 4
weeks apart.

Both women had normal breast tissued developement during pregnancy but
neither had engorgement after delivery.  Peace Corp worker tried Reglan
after having TSH which was low. Prolactin level also looked low.  On
Reglan, she could get 1/2 oz from both breasts total when pumping. She
was BF and Pumping, one or the either every 2 hours.

Bulgarian woman was 36 WK gestational age delivery.   Peace Corp worker
was a little early, but no complications.

They have had no success in developing a milk supply in either woman.

Has anyone else had any similar experience?

--
Dayna Williams
Reno, NV