From:
Patricia Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Feb 1997 12:33:30 +0000
There was some excellent research in late 80's or early 90's on using an ice
water sitz bath.  Get much better results, relief, decreased swelling etc.
I've recommended it over the years.  Moms who have the nerve to try sitting
in ice water tell me that it is great. Physiologically, makes sense.  Warm
feels good but causes vasodilation and more swelling and congestion in the
area.  Witch hazel pads (Tucks) are also great.  Anusol HC for severe PP
hemorrhoids also works well.  I've never heard that mom can't BF with these
meds.  Back to the altar!  Pat Young in SNJ