From:
Naomi Bar-Yam <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Jan 1997 13:05:09 -0500
Happy New Year to all. I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season and
that the coming year is full of joy, good health and productivity!
  As some of you know I am currently working on my PhD dissertation on
corporate lactation policies. Without boring you with all of the details of
settingup the research, I am looking to interview a few more people about
their experiences. Listed below are who I am looking for. If any one knows
of anyone who meets these parameters and would like to be interviewed, please
have them be in touch with me. The interviews will be done by phone and they
take 20-25 minutes. the conversation will be recorded but complete
confidentiality will be honored.
  1. I am looking for women who have at least one child up to the age of two
who returned to the workforce after the child(ren) was (were) born.
They neednot have returned full time. they need not have breastfed on the job.
In fact they need not have breast fed at all although that would be helpful.
  2. Preferably I do not want people in the medical professions, only because
I have already interviewed many people in those professions and would
like to talk to people in other lines of work.
  3. I would also like to interview supervisors/managers who have had
breastfeeding moms in their employ. part of the purpose of this study is
to get a better understanding of how employers and supervisors deal with
the issues presented by nursing moms.
  4. If anyone knows  human resource/benefits people who have worked out
these issues in their companies, I would love to talk with them as well.
  5. If someone falls into more than one of these categories (i.e they are
supervisors and new moms) so much the better.
  If you know anyone who is interested, please have them be in touch
with me by phone, e-mail or snail mail. I cannot make the first call for
reasons of confidentiality. Once I hear from them I'll answer any questions
they have and set up a time to talk by phone.
  I also have a letter which explains more about the research for those who
are interested.
  I am on nomail until this thing is finished so please be in touch on
my private e-mail.
  thanks so much for all your help and moral support.
   Naomi Bar-Yam
  17 Cedar Street
  Newton, MA 02159
  (617) 964-6676