From:
Ruth Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Jan 1996 00:08:57 -0500
A teachable moment came to my daughter and her friends who while riding in
our car to move (with hospital ABM boxes filled with personal effects). My
daughter who was beginning to read BIG words and sentences was so proud to
read out loud on the ABM;"formula packs for breastfeeding mothers"  My
Kelly said "mom thats really dumb, what would a breastfeeding mother need
formula for ? Gee what a NOVEL IDEA ! such wisdom from the mouths of babes,
why can't the grown-ups figure it out. Our most important promoters are the
children who can speak out from experience.
        some times when I've had a bad day or a rough week I feel like
wearing the T-shirt available from Nat'l Pub Radio's catalogue that says
**** STOP PLATE TECTONICS **** it sums up for me what I feel I'm working for
....deep sigh....what do you do out there at 1am when you just want to cry
and you wonder if you've made an impact, your home is in ruins, you miss
your kids and your husband is becoming a better cook than you ever dreamed