From:
Arly Helm <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Jan 1996 10:29:54 -0700
I have a 10 wk old, nursing well, gaining well and am due back
>at work in 2 wks. Am using Nu---a double pump electric. only able to express
>2 1/2 oz at most in 20 min.despite hours of practice. have tried
>everyhiery, warm compressses, massage, etc. Work environment NOT conducive
>to pumping
>I'll be lucky if I get 10-15 min, and only then with a fight! I only work
>24h/wk, most days 6-8hrs.

How about trying a short course of Pitocin as nose drops while using
imagery to increase milk flow during pumping; the imagery may very well
continue to work after Pitocin is discontinued.  Also at the same time,
hold baby's used tshirt or blanket to face and breathe in that good baby
smell.

Arly Helm               [log in to unmask]
MS, Nutrition & Food Science, CLE, IBCLC