From:
Eric/Leslie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Sep 1995 16:50:53 -0600
I like the idea of a warning label on ABM! Years ago I read a blurb
(probably in an early JHL) submitted by one of the prominent African
breastfeeding advocates (Helen Armstrong, probably) suggesting a label a la
cigarette packages (here in Canada the warnings are hugely prominent and
scary if you bother to read them). I've often used her quote in
presentations to health professionals and once in awhile to a prenatal
class, as a means of making people aware that ABM is not without its
hazards. Good for this guy--I know he'll be considered a nut, but I'm
thrilled when men start yelling about this topic!

**Leslie**
Peace River, Alberta, Canada
Leslie Ayre-Jaschke, BEd, IBCLC
Peace River Breastfeeding Clinic, Peace River AB Canada
e-mail <[log in to unmask]>