From:
Eric/Leslie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Sep 1995 10:50:34 -0600
Jeffrey--
Our local childbirth association recently wrote to ASPO/Lamaze regarding
their videos and magazine, both of which violate the WHO Code and are FULL
of advertising (feeding related and otherwise). The association said it
liked much of the information presented and would appreciate being able to
purchase the articles and video, sans ads, if they were made available that
way. The video appalled me--one long commercial interspersed with some good
info. I'm offended by commercials on TV (all commercials--I'm not picky) and
really don't want them in educational material, video or print. The
association hasn't heard back so I don't know what ASPO/Lamaze thinks about
this.

I know they have accepted the statement on breastfeeding developed by ILCA,
but must have modified it in some way to accommodate this very commercial
undertaking. It's a real shame the message hasn't gotten through yet.

**Leslie**
(Leslie Ayre-Jaschke: Peace River, Alberta, Canada)
Leslie Ayre-Jaschke, BEd, IBCLC
Peace River Breastfeeding Clinic, Peace River AB Canada
e-mail <[log in to unmask]>