From:
Jan Barger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Sep 1995 11:18:22 -0400
Lisa,

According to the LC who tried to finger feed him with an SNS, it didn't work
as he just chomped up and down on the finger as well, simply couldn't draw
the fluid into his mouth.  I suspect the tongue feels to the baby like ours
does if we get novocaine for anesthetic on one side.  WE are sophisticated
enough that we can still eat, though biting our tongue is problematic at that
point.  I think the reason the bottle feeds are taking so long is that he
chews on the bottle nipple too.  I've suggested a Haberman.  I'm leary about
using a syringe for finger feeding, because of the dyscoordination of suck
(if you can call it that) and swallow.

Another question posed to me by a student in Israel.  Does anyone know if
waxing under the arms poses an increased risk of infection in a lactating
mom?

Waxing sounds nasty to me -- I had my eyebrows done ONCE.  Never again.  I'm
grateful to Brooke Shields for the bushy brow look.  I don't even pluck any
more....

Jan B - cooler now in Chicago!