Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Roberta Graham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Sep 1995 16:47:04 -0600
Dear Jon:

Mexican labor law allows 1 hr. a day for Breastfeeding. Instead of arriving
an hour later than usual or leaving an earlier, I have found that the best
use of this precious hour is to:  Take two 30 min. pumping breaks at
work...express a bottle at each break, refrigerate and then transport home
at the end ot the workday.  Monday's milk is fed to baby on Tues, Tues's on
Wed., etc.
This seems to work well and takes the pressure off, so to speak. Hope this
helps.  It seems to me that all the driving around would be more tiring and
less efficient, as far as time-use goes....than to simply pump *with both
hands*.

I can't imagine pumping with one hand while using the computer keyboard,
the phone, etc. with the other! How can she relax and let-down *well* with
such a splitting of her attention? Breastfeeding is just as important as
office duties, but each needs full attention to do well.  Try the 30 min.
breaks of quality, focused-on-pumping time. I bet she'll get greater
quantity of milk pumped.

Roberta