From:
Janet Simpson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Jun 1995 14:58:14 -0400
Regarding the Mom who plain didn't want to touch her baby;
How horrible!  I often wonder why people like that heve kids, and if they
have one they didn't want in the first place, why keep it?  They end up
making themsevles and, (quite frankly) most importantly, the baby very
unhappy.
Isn't it sad that we live in a world where children are treated with such
disregard.
Having suffered from PP psychosis with my first child, I can relate to
bizzare emotions concerning your child (I never hurt mine, thank God!), but I
can't relate, and will never be able to relate to anyone who treats their
child like a piece of furniture or something that is an annoyance.  I wish
that all the children in the world had someone to love them and care for
them.
Maybe someday our society as a whole will value our children enough to treat
them as they deserve to be treated.

Janet
(This is my soapbox!)