From:
Pamela Morrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Apr 2024 09:42:30 +0100
What a really sad and difficult situation.  I'd just like to add to
Rahmat's excellent points, that the size of the left breast during
breastfeeding, particularly unilateral breastfeeding as is happening now,
may bear little relation to the size of the breast six months on from when
weaning has taken place, whenever that is. One month wont be enough.   So
to do a reduction on a recently lactating breast is unrealistic.  I would
want a second opinion about the likely outcome of reduction surgery now
from a breastfeeding-savvy surgeon, rather than just a plastic surgeon.
And surely the insurance company who are insisting on this surgery now will
not want to anticipate further breast augmentation surgery at some point in
the future for aesthetic reasons once the left breast has fully involuted.

Pamela Morrison
IBCLC Retired, Rustington, England