From:
Kristen Bell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Dec 2021 05:52:45 -0500
Hi
Wondering if anyone had any suggestions regarding an interesting case.
Baby had tongue tie release at 2.5 months.   Parents did the stretches after deeds for 6 weeks after.
All of a sudden a week ago baby decided to stop eating.  Won’t take a bottle or breast will take a soother.
Baby had to be hospitalized to get a tube for feeding.
My initial thoughts is possibly oral aversion from 6 weeks of exercises after feeds.  Baby is otherwise healthy no sickness happy and well

Any thoughts on how to get this baby to eat again?   I suggested ski to skin and lots of access to breasts with no stress.   Perhaps try dipping the soother in milk?  Also suggests some bodywork and massage

Would appreciate any other thoughts.

Kristen

Kristen Bell. RN IBCLC