From:
Nikki Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Dec 2021 10:31:56 -0500
Hi Judi:

I pumped for my friend Linda who was diagnosed with inflammatory breast
cancer at 28 weeks of pregnancy with her second baby. The loss of
breastfeeding was one more source of anguish for her.

When she went to NIH, she already had metastasis to some bones. She was
given an experimental treatment. The best they could offer to her was 3.5
years more to live. This was in 1990.

I was nursing a 5-month old at that time. Linda was my friend; her husband
performed a marriage service for me and my husband. She knew me well.
Georgetown University Hospital, where she went for treatment, scared her
about using my milk. She asked me to get my blood tested. Of course I
would. I donated a unit of blood and those test results relieved her of any
concern.

My milk child got one feeding a day of my milk for her first year of life.
. . except for the days when Linda drank it, to soothe her GI tract that
was basically shredded by the chemotherapy. It brought her great relief.
(She still died, 11 days before her baby's first birthday.)

Here's what I have and what I found to answer your question:

https://www.seattletimes.com/nation-world/some-ill-adults-use-breast-milk-to-fight-disease/

https://www.vice.com/en/article/nzn95k/i-drank-breast-milk-every-day-for-a-week

https://www.asklenore.info/breastfeeding/health/breastmilk_for_adults.shtml

https://www.gastroendonews.com/In-the-News/Article/03-20/%E2%80%98Nature%E2%80%99s-Prebiotic%E2%80%99-in-Human-Milk-Effective-for-IBS/57476

There's a new trend to extract and market components in human milk to treat
adult disease, particularly HMOs.

I didn't find anything specific to esophageal cancer.

warmly,
--
Nikki Lee RN, BSN, Mother of 2, MS, IBCLC, CCE, CIMI, ANLC, CKC, RYT
www.nikkileehealth.com