From:
Nikki Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Apr 2022 08:40:24 -0400
Dear Lactnet Friends:

I appreciate the dedication and depth of Karleen's knowledge and work in
this field. Thank you for writing, Karleen.

I've was annoyed with the folks in my health department that rewrote
the promotional flyer for the 20-Hour Interdisciplinary Breastfeeding
Course for the US. They translated the sexed language into Woke. They
insisted that lactation and breastfeeding were synonymous. OMG. "The
20-Hour Breast/Chestfeeding course for the US?  No!! Fortunately, my
protests were heeded and they, like the Bander-log, found something else to
fuss over.

Certainly the work with individuals must be different to the work in public
health. We agree there.

I will mull over what you have written, recognizing that this subject is
far from my area of expertise, and that White colonialism has had, and
continues to have, a powerful impact on the entire planet.

warmly,
--
Nikki Lee
RN, BSN, Mother of 2, MS, IBCLC, CCE, CIMI, ANLC, CKC, RYT500