From:
Julie Tardos <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Mar 2021 22:06:06 -0700
I've seen a number of posts online from women who plan to formula feed so
that they can smoke/use marijuana.  I'm concerned about children growing up
in a home whose parents have chosen drugs over them.  It's not even about
the formula; it's about making that particular choice.  What is going on
with parents who want their drugs that badly?  Mental health issues,
depression, anxiety, lack of social support, loneliness, or what have you.
I'm not sure it's the drug that's the problem; it's why they're using it.

And then taking away the breastfeeding, with the positive hormonal effects
and the breastfeeding support groups, how is that better?

I'd really love some guidance on how often cannabis can be used while
breastfeeding without making things bad for the baby.  Like if the mom is
smoking daily, is it better that she formula feeds?  What if she smokes
once per month?  And what about CBD?  I haven't found any studies on CBD
and breastfeeding.  If anyone's got something, please let us know.

Anyway.

Julie Tardos

~~~~
Edwards: <https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000226/?ref_=tt_trv_qu>Why the big
secret? People are smart. They can handle it.
Kay: A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you
know it.
--Men in Black