From:
Cindy Garrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Sep 2020 08:28:24 -0400
Dear Julie,

Thank you for the rant!  It reminds me, too, of the role advertising plays in all this.  The consumer drive in medicine can largely be credited to the decision to let drug companies advertise their products on TV, radio, and through the printed media.  With clever jingles, happy people, and very small fine print, consumers are being encouraged to press their doctors to prescribe medications for ailments they may or may not have, despite real side effects that may occur due to their physical make-up, medications they already take, age, etc. This is above and beyond the advertising seen in the physician's office and the drug companies perks pressed on physicians.

Thanks for sharing the article!

Cindy Garrison BS, IBCLC