Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Jul 2020 09:31:12 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (15 lines)
My husband and I got married and had our first child while in college.  My sister-in-law had breastfed her children and sent me her copy of The Womanly Art.  Any questions or bumps in the road, I went to the book with the underlying thought that "Carol did this so the answers must be in this book."  And they were and my son nursed until he weaned on his own.  Next baby was a very different nurser but by then I had found an LLL Group just starting up.  What a difference to be able to ask questions and info another mom with the same questions and feeling the relief of "This isn't  problem, it's just something some babies go through." No along after I became a Leader and still lead that Group.  I sat for the first IBCLC exam in Georgetown and passed. When I was due to re-certify, I wasn't doing anything beyond leading LLL meetings and wasn't sure if I'd take the test again.  Then I got a call from a Pittsburgh hospital that was starting a lactation program, got hired, and worked there happily for nearly 28 years - a dream job.  My brother once teased me that he had thought they just gave be a book - not a career - and I thanked them many times for that gift!  

Cindy Garrison BS IBCLC

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2