From:
Sarah Vaughan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Jul 2016 06:27:12 -0400
Using fresh untreated breastmilk from an unscreened source is also typically frowned on. We use fresh untreated breastmilk for our own babies because we've had the chance to be screened for problems such as HIV during pregnancy. We don't have that assurance when buying untreated milk from elsewhere. (And, as Virginia points out, there is some reason to think that untreated breastmilk from willing donors is still going to be lower risk than untreated cow's milk.) Who was advocating this?

Best wishes,

Dr Sarah Vaughan
MBChB MRCGP