Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Oct 2015 07:58:48 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (20 lines)
I joined a few years ago, when I became an LLLL, at the suggestion of Dana Lauducci.  I've only ever "known" her online, through a number of forums, but she has always made sure that my lactation information is up to date!  I joined the Facebook group first and it's easy for me to check on my phone as I'm chasing my kids throughout the day.  I do read every listserv digest that comes into my email box, but posting requires sitting down at a computer, and with three kids, I don't get to do that very often.  

I wasn't going to post to this thread until this morning, when I had one of those moments that reminds me of the great value of learning from the best.  I'm helping a mom via email.  She's across the country from me and I've never met her.  She has been diagnosed with thrush 5 times in a year (!) and lives in a rural area with little access to in-person help.  Based on her descriptions, she seems to have signs of mammary constriction syndrome.  Where else would I ever have heard of that?  I was able to share the pectoral massage techniques from Jack Newman's clinic, and send her the information to contact him if the pain continues.  At least I could give her a clue, based on what I've learned from LN.

Most memorable for me were Jean Cotterman's many reminders that vacuums don't pull, other forces push.  I suggest RPS regularly and remind moms with sore nipples to turn the pump suction down.  

Emily Samansky 
LLLL, Andover, MA

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2