From:
Barbara Latterner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Oct 2015 09:52:07 -0400
Thank you, Rachel, for starting this thread and yes, I'm using your
original subject line.  I love Lactnet email version and since I joined  sometime
in the late nineties, I have found it to always be an invaluable  resource.
I read the facebook lactnet from time to time but find it's not  the same
as receiving a digest of emails that I can peruse at my leisure and  easily
file away posts I want to save for future reference.

My personal history with Lactnet use includes trepidation with initial
postings because I was in awe of the big name posters.  One of my first  posts
got a reply from Linda Smith and I felt so honored and let her know this  in
somewhat gushing terms.  Her reply to me regarding this was priceless  and
eased my jitters; it went something like this: I put my panties on one leg
at a time, just like everyone else.  Her sense of humor and candor helped
to make it easier to post without fear and know I just might have something
to  offer.  Thank you, Linda.

Because of their expertise and specialities I am forever grateful to Cathy
Genna, Diane Weissinger, Jan Bargar, Judy Le Van Fram, Lisa Marasco, Jean
Cotterman, Linda Smith, Liz Brooks, Dee Kassing, Rachel Myr, Jack Newman,
Frank  Nice, Karleen Gribble, Diana West, Laurie Wheeler, Norma Ritter and
many  others whose wise and thought provoking posts crowd my hard drive and
folders.  Though I've met many of these people at conferences where their
expertise was shared, without Lactnet over these many years, I would not have
had access to their gems shared here.  Often, too, it isn't only the  well
known's posts that I learn from and save, it's all the lactation  consultants
and others in the trenches who query or respond with insight and  wisdom.
In fact, it often is uncanny how I'll be working with someone  (mom/baby)
with a specific issue and lo and behold that issue, e.g. nipple  blebs or slow
weight gain, is discussed on Lactnet giving me new ideas.

So to lose Lactnet would be devastating for me and sad.  A huge  serving of
gratitude goes out to Kathleen Bruce and all the listmothers who make  this
venue possible, thank you.  One last thought from this lengthy post,
Rachel, you got something started with your post.  I haven't seen so many
digests in quite awhile, maybe some energy just needed to be injected into us
all.  I look forward to many more years of the learning and growth that
Lactnet can provide, even long after I retire someday in the distant future
(hopefully, I can not fall over putting my pants on one leg at a time,  TIC).
Here, here to Lactnet with love.

Barbara Latterner, BSN, RN, IBCLC
Brewster, NY