From:
Melisa Nunez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 May 2012 11:17:04 -0700
I had the same idea just a few seconds before I read this email and it was
great to know someone else was thinking down the same line.  An idea popped
in my head to make comments from children (like the ones we've seen shared
here) more available to all moms.  I was thinking of making it into some
sort of social media "challenge", like moms challenging the time magazine
cover.  The idea would be to collect video responses of children who are
able to remember breastfeeding when they see the cover.  It would start
with a small compilation and then hopefully moms would take it into their
(and their children's hands).  At the end of the video there would be a few
simple instructions like (1) get the cover in digital or printed form (2)
show it to your children who remember bf'ing and video it (3) post it on FB
and share it with friends.  This would get the most distribution and
hopefully would open people's eyes to the fact that to the children this is
as normal as anything else (except for the fact of standing on a chair
while they nurse).  If moms want to protect their identity or their kids
identities they can always video without showing the child's face.  It
seems like it could be a great way to promote breastfeeding beyond infancy
(liked that term that someone shared here) and I was hoping to include some
links/numbers for LLL or Nursing Mothers Counsel to promote these groups as
well.

Hopefully some of you find this interesting and might even have some videos
to share!  I have a few friends who do professional video editing who are
willing to help put all the clips together.  At the very least it would be
a cute little experiment :).

- Melisa