From:
Liz Dedman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Feb 2012 08:36:26 -0500
Jessica,
Thanks for pointing out the possibility that the mom misunderstood what the
physician was telling her.  I am frequently amazed when I hear "advice"
that was given to parents from a physician colleague, a lactation
consultant, even second hand from myself.  Reminds me of the game
"telephone" we used to play as kids.  So much can be lost in understanding
and it serves as a good reminder that we need to try to explain ourselves
thoroughly without losing them in the technical explaination. Also a good
reminder to not point fingers at bad advice "given" by our colleagues.

I cannot think of a reason neocate would be helpful here.

I agree that oversupply sounds like a possibility.  The other thing to
remember is that sometimes babies are just colicky and this baby's
disposition may have nothing to do with the mom's round of antibiotic or
the successfully treated thrush.

Gratefully,
Liz Dedman