From:
the juliest person you know <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Feb 2012 21:31:35 -0800
I don't know about milk supply, but I've heard that eating placenta is good for preventing and treating post-partum depression.

Placenta isn't kosher, by the way (since we are talking about Israel).  I asked once.  However, laws of kashrut can be broken for medically necessary reasons, and it could well be argued that preventing low milk supply and PPD are medically necessary reasons.

Here is an article on how to do it yourself at home: http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/1577334/Placenta_Encapsulation_Instructions_w_Pictures
There is a link down at the bottom for contacting people who will do it for you, but the only ones listed are US and Canada.

This is fascinating!  I may have to get into this.

I have a completely unrelated question regarding asymmetrical latch.  The latch is supposed to be asymmetrical only before the nipple/areola go into the baby's mouth, right?  The nipple is centered in the baby's mouth afterwards because otherwise it will rub on the roof of the baby's mouth, right?  Or am I totally off?

Julie Tardos

~~~
Breastfeed early, and breastfeed often.
It's just like voting.