From:
Lisa Olschewske <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Jun 2010 12:40:35 -0400
I want to thank you all so much and I hope to be more regular on here, your knowledge is the best and with me working on becoming a IBCLC (finally after 15 years as a LLL Leader)

I am sorry I took longer than i normally do to send a better reply. I have also had several Dr Appts this week.
The pediatrician we use is the most breastfeeding friendly Drs in NE FL. They are holistic in nature as well which is the main reason I use them. So I was surprised with what I was advised.
I think they are not use to moms even to my extreme of not starting solids till after a year.
She did want me to give him magnesium, so I got the natural calm. Her thoughts now are because he is not pooping regularly is it could be causing pressure when he urinates.
However even when he was a infant he was not pooping for two weeks at a time so we were using suppositories. I have never ahd a baby/child have poop probelms.

Also he cut another tooth so I tend to wonder if his urine was burning him ...

My diet is very healthy as well. No sugar, no dairy only organic eggs or chicken. Wheat free except I do use ezekiel bread. Plenty of water. I follow a body ecology type eating style.

I feel sort of silly asking you a ll for ideas or help but as somone mentioned a stressed mom is forgetful.

Anyway we are going to use th natural calm for two weeks and go from there. She still wants me introducing other food. I have tried a few things....he will eat some but mostly 'tongue thrusts' a lot back out after he fills his cheeks...I still do not feel right introducing solids, even though he is a year old. (again born at 34 weeks) But i admit i feel like for how much he nurses he should be huge (yes comparing him to siblings) all my others by 5 months were over 20#. HE is now 12 months an just weighed in at 20 #. But he is like 31 inches long.

I have a referal for a speech therapist for him. But I am not sure if I should go yet (im sure they will push food too)

 They were also pushing Vit D today on me for my older girls and the baby. I have read all the new info on Vit D so I have mixed feelings on that. There seems to be a huge push on Vit D though. They sell some in drops that are in sesame oil or something (Biotics Research Corp).I did buy it but not sure if I will use it.

 My children are out side a lot, here in florida (we homeschool) and we do not use sunscreen much....if I do it is california baby. They told me Nemours is conducting a Vit D study they want to take part in....

Thank you all again

Lisa Olschewske
LLL Leader
FLorida