Date:
Mon, 29 Mar 2010 11:14:56 -0400
> If this stuff is good and it works...
>
> Where is the science?

Which is reflected in the various concentrations used. They are all over the
map.

Add that you will have a mite drop from just about anything, so if you have
open bottom boards, you will reduce the mite load every time you use much
any EO, or smoke, or FGMO or whatever. Hence an automatic bias but no
correlation on what happens with a solid bottom board, which is what I use.

I do like what the study showed, but it did not go far enough. There are
high concentrations in the larva, but did that do the job?

Lots of anecdotes and little science. The Law of the Survivor tends to work
too well in these situations. The Law came to me when I was battling cancer
and all the testimonials on the internet were glowing on this or that
natural treatment. It came to me that if it did not work, you died and not
many testimonials come from dead people. Same here. If it does not work,
since many who go down this path are beginners, they quit and you never hear
from them. This was classic with FGMO.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine