Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Oct 2008 01:05:09 -0700
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (21 lines)
Just my .02 on this topic, but coming from the other end.  I remember reading years ago that the reason for some women getting smaller breasts after nursing is from the growth of glanduar tissue 'squeezing' out the fat cells in the breast and some women have their breast stay bigger from the increased glanduar tissue.  Depending on what happens in her individual breasts they may get smaller again, they may stay the same or become larger.

For me - I was an A cup most of my life.  After the weight gain from having children I went from 32A to what I thought was 36A (after weaning my last).  After a couple of years in a very uncomfortable bra (no matter how soft) I decided to get a proper bra fitting and may be try underwire since at my age I was sagging a bit.  I was shocked to find out I am actually a 34 C!!!  How could 'I" be  C cup.  I have been working on core strength and have lost close to 20 lbs but I am still a C cup - must be glanduar tissue growth, since I didn't have much fat in my breasts to begin with.

So if she lost a lot of fat cells the first time nursing - she may just have more glanduar tissue and come out even.

Felicia Henry, BCCE, IBCLC
Oxnard, CA
Who is enjoy the discussion of day care and babies needing to be held and glad that my cousin has me watching her children.  Her new little one is only coming over a couple of times a month until maternity leave is over - so I plan my days around holding her and not getting much done.  Especially now that my oldest turned 20!

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2