From:
Felicia Henry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Dec 2008 21:43:20 -0800
Hopefully not too OT, but it does pertain to nursing!

I finally got a change to read my issue of Mothering with the article on nursing in movies (many I have seen or are about to see - I love movies) and was surprised when I was watching the newest Futurama movie, Bender's Game.  There is a nursing scene!  The character of Mom (her public image is of a warm mothering figure, but in private is a profit hungry, evil CEO type person) and her henchmen are her sons.  The scene is of the past and as they come into her office she is nursing her two sons (one on each breast) and when she thinks she is about to be shot she holds her two sons in front of her as a shield.  When she realizes they aren't trying to kill her she tosses them into the play area in her office - one is clearly a toddler and the other an infant.  A comedic version of tandem nursing - no wonder her sons are so loyal! :-) tic

Felicia Henry, IBCLC, BCCE
Oxnard, CA