From:
Lisa Marasco IBCLC <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Mar 2008 09:32:02 -0700
Susan,
I can answer for myself why we don't recommend Avent bottles. I don't like
how a lot of babies end up nursing on them. It's a fairly rigid teat with a
long nipple that widens abruptly at the bottom. Many of my babies simply
don't get on them well and may be more pursed around the long nipple.
Overall I just don't like the shape and haven't found it helpful.

Regarding the Adiri, there is a new one that I haven't worked with but seems
to be an improvement on the old one and worth checking out. I'm also
starting to work with the breastflow by First Years, and we'll probably
include those eventually.

Before any flame wars develop, just want to add that bottles are never my
first choice, but many of today's mothers don't have the patience or support
for other methods.

~Lisa Marasco