From:
laurie wheeler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Mar 2008 11:17:59 -0500
We have a colorful postcard for doctor's offices, with a mom/baby nursing
(color line drawing) and little footprints going around the postcard in pink
or blue. Designed by our marketing dept. The front of the postcard says
Breastfeeding Resource Center, available by physician referral, pediatrician
referral, or self-referral (I guess this is not low literacy level,
however), "for information or help with bf, please call our bf specialsits
for information or to schedule a free appointment" and then it gives our
names and phone number and hospital address.

On the other side  it says in bold and large print "What the staff at the Bf
Resource Center can do for You" and then it lists with bullets:
provide accurate information, give you positioning and latching help, check
your infant's weight gain, help with milk supply issues, plan for your
return to work or school, help you to choose and use a breast pump, help
eliminate breast or nipple discomfort, work with you on any bf situation.
You can see the things I chose to bullet reflect our particular (typically
working mom) population, and typical problem calls. It's easy for the mom to
pick up the postcard and stick it on her fridge, it would be better if it
was a magnet. The marketing dept prints them for us, on perforated heavy
paper, 4 postcards to a sheet. We reprint as needed.
Laurie Wheeler RN MN IBCLC
Mississippi USA