From:
Linda Hill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Aug 2007 11:49:24 -0500

    Jane,

          I really liked your analogy of the book.  And as a general rule,
that is the best guideline.  But what book would you suggest for those who
"haven't got a clue"!  I have come across some clients who absolutely have
no idea what a "feeding cue" is, or what things you would check if the baby
is crying, or knowing when to burp, or how to burp, when to change a diaper,
how to bathe the baby, cord care, circumcision care, car seat
safety..............
I actually work for a pediatrician who has written the book Baby 411.
Vested interest aside, it is very readable and very helpful for those kind
of people. The breastfeeding section was edited by me in the newest, 3rd
edition, so should be fairly up to date to what we as lactation consultants
recommend.  (tho I wouldn't recommend it as the book to teach about
breastfeeding, as it is only a chapter, and pretty basic)
Linda Hill RN, IBCLC

  _____

<http://promos.hotbar.com/promos/promodll.dll?RunPromo&El=&SG=sg984&RAND=397
25&partner=spamblockerutility> Upgrade Your Email - Click here!